Can there be benefits to solitude, strenuous activity, and meditation? Karan Bajaj, author of The Yoga of Max’s Discontent, thinks so!
Karan is a New York Times bestselling, multi-faceted author, whose latest novel came out this past May 2016. He is also Chief Marketing Officer of Aden & Anais. His past work experience includes positions within Procter & Gamble and Kraft Foods, as well as branding and retail strategy expertise with Boston Consulting Group.
He has worked all over the world and hiked many of its mountains as he seeks to push himself and experience spiritual clarity.
As he was growing up, Karan was always aware of the spirituality surrounding the culture in which he grew up, but didn’t take it very seriously. However, from 2008 through 2010, Karan experienced seeing his mother struggle with cancer and pass away. This experience caused Karan to begin to consider spiritual matters beyond the cerebral level, as he wrestled with the problem of suffering, pain and death.
Learn more as you listen to Karan’s account of his life’s journey:
- The early impression Karan had living in foothills of the Himalayas, in Shimla.
- Why did people leave all their possessions to seek spirituality?
- What was the cultural framework from which he viewed the spiritual seekers?
- What are the benefits of parental decision making for adults through their 20’s?
- Why his first novel in 2008, Keep off the Grass, was an overnight success.
- How his first job working in the Philippines transformed him.
- What Karan learned through hiking, pushing himself physically and solitude.
- What is a hard vacation and what can it do for your life?
- Why Karan took a hiking sabbatical and what came out of it.
- How to Karan approached the question of life and the nature of God.
- Why an author should not rest on past accomplishments.
- Listen as Karan discusses, The Yoga of Max’s Discontent: its genre and its purpose.
- Learn some of Karan’s favorite fiction and nonfiction book choices.
- What is the best kind of novel?
The Buddha’s Journey
The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali
The White Tiger, by Arivind Adiga
The Four Agreements, by Don Miguel Ruiz
The Millionaire Fastlane, by MJ DeMarco
Read Karan’s Books:
Getting in touch with Karan Bajaj:
Karan’s Youtube Channel