Hani Mourra was born in Kuwait. When the Gulf War started in the 1990s, his family moved to Iraq, Jordan, the United States, and eventually Canada – where he now resides. Hani’s first passion was video, which led him to launch Easy Online Video Tips to show people how video could boost the success of their business. From there, Hani created the Simple VideoPress plug-in to help automate uploading videos and integrating them into websites. One thing led to another, and Hani moved on from video to audio, revolutionizing the podcasting community by developing Simple Podcast Press – a plug-in that allows podcasters to automate the processes of building their email lists, growing their audience, and publishing their podcasts. The player you are seeing above is in fact a part of the Simple Podcast Press tool.
I had the pleasure of interviewing Hani for this episode of Breaking The Borders, and he shed light on:
- Experiences (both good and bad) working with other developers
- How to market and beta test your product
- Early success with developing Simple Video Press with ups & downs along the way
- Transition to audio and the development of Simple Podcast Press
- Grew email list by well before the product launch
- Reaching influencers and collaborating with John Lee Dumas (EntrepreneurOnFire)