Nitin Pachisia spent the early part of his career with Deloitte, focusing on small and mid sized tech companies to help them grow. From there, Nitin worked to help in the R&D aspect of other startups, and saw that there was a void keeping highly skilled workers working on a visa status to start their own businesses. With that vision, Nitin started Unshackled, which funds startups including teams with immigrant founders who are feeling stuck working for other companies because of their visa status
I had the pleasure of sitting down with Nitin for this episode of Breaking The Borders, and he shared his insights on:
- The difference between working as a consultant for startups, and being directly involved in the development and growth of a business.
- The risks involved for skilled immigrants to come and work in the US and starting their own companies.
- How leaving corporate culture to work for a startup is easy – if you are willing to step outside your comfort zone.
- How emerging entrepreneurs should see a need or quality of life improvement with their company’s product or service.
- How people should seek opportunities and growth by using the channels they enjoy to gather knowledge for a successful entrepreneurship.