Dinesh Agarwal is the founder of Pro Start Me. In 2011, he was helping a friend with his startup and realized the larger problem that entrepreneurs with great ideas faced. The technical talent needed to execute an idea was either not good or too expensive. Long term interests were always missing in contract based work and hence trust was an issue. Dinesh decided to solve this problem.
The day he graduated with his Ph.D. in Computer Science, he moved back to India right away to start Pro Start Me. His goal was to help bootstrapped entrepreneurs with great ideas realize those ideas into successful products. He gathered a team of brilliantly talented designers and developers to build great products. So far, Pro Start Me has created over 15 products.
In this episode, you will also learn:
- Why Dinesh came to the US in the first place
- What caused him to return to India to start his business
- The issues he had with this first company for trading get books
- The events that caused him to move back to India the day he graduated
- What he learned from climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro
- The first steps he took to get his start up off the ground
- What factored into his decision about where to physically locate his company
- How his start up made its first revenue
- The challenges he faces with an India based company
- Some of the challenges he faced with Flippiness
- How he has become great at killing ideas
- How his failures have helped him
- Where his revenue comes from
Dinesh also shares a funny story about a mistake with his reservation on his honeymoon! Don’t miss it!
Tweetfull.com – Use coupon code “borders” for a special discount only for our listeners!
Connect with Dinesh: