Arjun Buxi is a Professor of Communication and a motivational speaker. He has developed the “Culture of Speak,” which shows immigrants how to communicate more effectively, what makes a good speaker, and how to identify audiences in order to effectively deliver a message – not only in a professional setting, but in our day-to-day conversations.
You can connect with him on email.
I had the pleasure of having Professor Buxi on my podcast as a guest, and during my time with him, he discussed:
- How he adjusted to the overall culture of the United States
- How he refined his tone and vocabulary in order to connect to the audience
- How no two audiences are the same, and each culture (even business culture) uses different phrases, intonations, and idioms in order to communicate
- The differences between Manuscript, Memorized, and Extemporaneous communication delivery patterns across global cultures
- The difference between circular and linear communication delivery
- How to combine informal speaking with important message content
- How to keep an audience engaged with successful transitions, analogies, and humor
Ted Talk: The Power of Introverts by Susain Cain
Book: Art of Public Speaking